History

  • 1919 - Founding of Electro Refractories and Alloys Corporation
  • 1949 - Addition of Abrasives Division to supply higher quality raw materials to Grinding Wheel and Refractory plants than was currently available.
  • 1966 - New and innovative Crushing Plant completed utilizing latest technology in making dense Silicon Carbide.
  • 1968 - Ferro Corp. buys Electro Refractories and Abrasives.
  • 1979 - Powder Plant completed using proprietary and breakthrough technologies.
  • 1987 - Management Buyout, led by Allan D. Ramming, of Abrasives Division from Ferro with all personnel remaining with us.
  • 1988 - Addition of much equipment for wet processing of silicon carbide powders to vastly improve quality. Also many improvements to Crushing Plant.
  • 1990 - New custom designed Q.C. Software system installed for granular materials documentation.
  • 1993 - Revision of Quality System to integrate SPC and ISO-9000 guidelines.
  • 1994 - Expansion of new Boron Carbide Powder Plant double capacity.
  • 1995 - Addition of new Boron Carbide Plant in January; Green Silicon Carbide Powder Plant in December.
  • 1999 - FEPA sizes manufactured on a full-time basis in Green Silicon Carbide.
  • 2000 - New raw material evaluation system designed for Powders which upgraded all raw material specifications.
  • 2001 - New larger Powders Lab added, including Malvern laser particle size analyzer.
  • 2004 - Modernized Macro lab with Malvern laser particle size analyzer with Dry Powder Feeder.
  • 2008 - Electro Abrasives acquired by Curimbaba Group.
  • 2010 - Partnership with Sublime Technologies (member of Curimbaba Group) for crude Silicon Carbide